Volunteering at The Higgins Bedford
Did you know that more than 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year, contributing an estimated £22.6bn to the UK economy?
During 2020, The Higgins Bedford volunteers contributed almost 8000 hours of their time. There are 65 active volunteers each month. Volunteers mean that we can reach more people, enhance the visitor experience and deliver more activities and events.
With a fantastic team of over 150 volunteers, there’s a variety of roles in different areas.
We are currently looking for Gallery Volunteers. Can you help to support our front house team and enhance the visitor experience by talking to our visitors about the displays and exhibitions? We’re particularly keen to find volunteers that will be happy to help at the weekends. If this could be you, visit this webpage to see the role description.
Email LibraryandCultureVolunteers@bedford.gov.uk for an application form.
Click here to read about the experiences of our volunteers at The Higgins Bedford.
In return for your time, we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and lively team of staff and volunteers passionate about culture
- Choice about when you volunteer, how often and in your chosen area
- Full induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Mentoring and support from staff and experienced volunteers
- Social activities
- A monthly newsletter keeping you informed about what’s happening at The Higgins and any volunteering opportunities across Libraries & Culture
- Discount on most items in The Higgins Bedford shop.
If this appeals to you, then please email LibraryandCultureVolunteers@bedford.gov.uk for more information and an application form.