Volunteering at The Higgins Bedford
Did you know that more than 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year, contributing an estimated £22.6bn to the UK economy?
In 2016, The Higgins Bedford volunteers contributed over 6000 hours of their time, rising up to just under 10,000 hours in 2017. In June 2018, our Gallery and Learning volunteers along with the Higgins Young People’s Panel (HYPP) received the “We Couldn’t Do Without…” award for their hard work during the ‘Anne Frank and Family’ exhibition earlier in the year.
Volunteers mean that we can reach more people, enhance the visitor experience and deliver more activities and events.
With a fantastic team of over 100 volunteers, there’s a variety of roles in different areas of The Higgins including:
Click here to read about the experiences of our volunteers at The Higgins Bedford.
In return for your time, we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and lively team of staff and volunteers passionate about culture
- Choice about when you volunteer, how often and in your chosen area
- Full induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Mentoring and support from staff and experienced volunteers
- Social activities
- A monthly newsletter keeping you informed about what’s happening at The Higgins and any volunteering opportunities across Libraries & Culture.
- Discount at The Higgins Pantry, on most items in The Higgins Bedford shop and reduced membership of The Friends
If this appeals to you, then please fill out an application form, or email email@example.com for more information.